Search Nomads

29 Apr 2010

Pink shrimps


Like everybody else, I've been completely convinced over the past few years by the effectiveness of various kinds of Pink Shrimp for saltwater sea-trout in Denmark. I have no reason to suppose they won't work in Ireland, though I've never, for some reason, given them an extended trial there. The Pattegrisen is tied on sizes 8-12 hooks (I use Partridge saltwater hooks, and for the bigger sizes, Owner carp hooks, which last have a lovely bend). The shrimps I find off the Danish coasts are pink/buff/cream in colour, so I tend to white, grey-pink variants, and reach for fluo. pink patterns on days where the water seems full of sunlight, or by contrast on dull, overcast days where lateral vision through the water might be limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment